Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 10 - A different Generation


The significance of this photo is known mainly to those who know me well . . . and the fact that this is my daughters drink.

I do not drink coffee...ever. I don't like anything with even a hint of coffee flavor. The only thing I like about coffee is the way the beans smell. You might even say I love the smell of coffee but it ends there.

The giant Starbucks has had the privelege of my patronage exactly three times. Twice during a conference when it was the only place to get breakfast in the convention center I was working (they really do have good breads) and once when it was so cold outside that I joined the other team moms who were getting mocha-frappa-something or others and I got a raspberry hot chocolate so as not to freeze watching our team play baseball. (Shall I also mention that my husband even questioned the charge to Starbucks when he saw it on our bank statement? He doesn't drink coffee either - heck, we don't even own a coffee pot/maker.)

All of that said, today my eleven year old daughter went in with her friend and split this drink tha they told me cost $5. I can't believe the child that is so much like her mother would be so incredibly different!

No comments:

Post a Comment